Listed here are typical installation directions for an ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane having a generator wiring harness that is 8-pin.
Note: For action 7 you will have to buy 14-gauge wire that is electrical the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of shore energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Recognize the following 4 cables on your own generator wiring harness.
Make use of tape or label to mark each cable and that means you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not all the ONAN generators have actually the same generator wiring harness connections as some was changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make sure you have actually correctly identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to every regarding the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) according to the wiring diagram provided.
- Green wire to E AVOID
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Be sure to link the proper cables to the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation picture we utilized wires that are white expand towards the harness because of location of our device. The closer the installation of our product into the wiring harness will assist you to make use of the provided wire that is 4-foot we offer.
- Connect the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to 1 part for the enable switch utilising the provided Posi-Lock or even a crimp connector foreign brides.
- Link the next red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another region of the switch that is enable. One other end of the red cable will ultimately get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red wire through the enable switch plus the red cable from (L+) in the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) regarding the ShorePower track to ground (any steel on the RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See diagram that is wiring – Transfer Switch Connection):
You may need 14-gauge stranded wire that is electrical the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to a single region of the 110 Volts regarding the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to your center connection (common) regarding the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light in, if most of the cables, such as the cables towards the transfer switch, have already been properly linked. .
- To test the machine switch on the ALLOW Switch and disconnect from coast energy. The light that is green the MeanWell is certainly going down and in about 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for around a moment then re-connect to shore energy and our device will immediately shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The light that is green the MeanWell can come right straight back on.
IMPORTANT NOTE: switching the ENABLE CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the light that is green the ShorePower Monitor or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ENABLE CHANGE merely allows or disables monitoring.
ItвЂ™s this that a set-up that is typical appear to be when it is completed. You will see other client installation photos by clicking right here.